This visa enables regional employers to address identified labour shortages within their region by sponsoring skilled workers where employers can't source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.
With this visa, migrants can live, work and study only in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years, travel to and from Australia for 5 years, if eligible, apply for permanent residence after 3 years from the time their visa is granted.
To apply migrants must
- have at least 3 years relevant work experience in their nominated occupation
- have a relevant skills assessment, unless an exemption applies
- work only for their sponsor or associated entity, unless an exemption applies
- be under 45 years of age, unless an exemption applies
- meet minimum standards of English language proficiency
In order to apply, migrants must provide all required documents shown on a checklist we will email you on request, as well as pay the fee of $770.
The processing time for this visa approx 3-4 weeks, no fast-tracked or priority processing will be available.
TO OBTAIN AN APPLICATION CHECKLIST PLEASE EMAIL ADMIN@RDASI.ORG.AU