CLICK HERE to see the current Skilled Occupation List.
Step 1 - Expression of Interest (EOI)
To be considered for Sponsorship from RDA - Southern Inland you must first lodge an online Expression of Interest. To lodge an Expression of Interest you will require the following information in PDF format to upload to the website:
- Up to date resume outlining all work experience and Employer references.
- Skills assessment from the relevant Australian authority
- English Language testing results
- Bio/Details Page of Passport
Link to the Online Expression of Interest Form
Step 2 - Full Application. You cannot lodge your application until your EOI has been approved and a 489 reference number has been provided.
If RDA Southern Inland approves your EOI, we will notify you via email and request you provide the following documents, with payment of $770 (GST inclusive). Note, this payment is non-refundable.
- Completed RDA Southern Inland Form R
- Certified Copy of Passport details page and/or a certified copy of birth certificate (for ALL people included in your application)
- Certified Copy of your English Language test results (unless country of origin is exempt)
- Current Resume for any other adult applicants
- Employment References which include a duty statement
- Certified copies of qualifications & academic transcripts
- Certified copies of appropriate skills assessment provided by the relevant Australian Assessing Authority and/or registration bodies of Australia and NSW
- Signed Letter of Committment to RDA Southern Inland. Please click here for an example
- Department of Immigration & Border Protection (DIBP) SkillSelect lodgement printout showing responses and EOI number
- If using a Migration Agent, a copy of signed 956 form
- Your RDASI 489- reference number.
The documentation above and payment should be sent to:
Regional Development Australia Southern Inland
PO Box 775
GOULBURN NSW 2580 Australia
Please note: processing time for applications is up to 6 weeks.
Please do not request updates on the status of your application unless it is outside this timeframe.
Post Application Process
Your signed Form R will be forwarded to NSW State Government, they will then nominate you on SkillSelect for regional sponsorship.
You will receive an invitation from DIBP to complete your 489 Visa. You have 90 days from date of your nomination to advise RDA Southern Inland of your DIBP SkillSelect EOI reference number.
Once your Visa has been approved by DIBP you are required to advise RDASI of your estimated time of arrival to the Southern Inland Region. Your Sponsorship commitment is that you relocate to the Southern Inland region within 90 days of your visa being granted by DIBP.
It is your responsibility to keep our office up to date on your living and working arrangements from the time your visa is granted by DIBP.
Important Information for Applicants
Conditions for Sponsorship by RDA - Southern Inland
- You must relocate to the Southern Inland Region within 90 days of your Visa being granted by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- Applicants must live and work in the Southern Inland Region for a minimum of 2 years. Applicants are required to work full time in the Region for at least 12 months within that 2 year period. It is expected that the 2 year period is the first two years of your Visa.
- You agree to make a fair and genuine effort to find employment in the Southern Inland Region.
Please use your RDA Southern Inland reference number in ALL communications with us.
The latest Skilled Occupation List for the Southern Inland region is available here.
An administration fee ($770 inc GST) applies for processing applications and is payable at the time of submitting a Full Application (not when submitting an Expression of Interest). The RDASI Credit Card Payment Form is available here.
For More Information
Contact the 489 Visa Team on 02 4822 6397 or via email email@example.com .